Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Eat Good?

Susan F. takes no prisoners, at least when it comes to her snacks. She objects to language in a Power Bar ad that reads: "Eat Good. Look Great."

She says, "I wrote a letter, saying that 'Eat Well' would have been a better choice of words and grammatically correct.

After another letter, sent because the rep told me that ads that are slogans don't have to be correct, I finally got two coupons for $1.50 off the bars. The ads have not changed. I gave the coupons away!"

She's putting her money where her mouth is by not putting ungrammatical protein bars in her mouth. Hooray! Though we think the letters were worth more than $1.50. Oh well. It's hard to get rich on grammar, though you can get thin trying.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Guess what? I did the same thing: emailed the company and complained about their slogan, "Eat Good. Look Great." And I got the same response. But then, fast forward three years and they have dropped it! No more poorly written slogan on the Pure Protein labels, and they even redirected their website from eatgoodlookgreat.com to pureprotein.com. This is progress!