Tuesday, March 31, 2009

From the Mouths of Students

We always enjoy errors from student papers. There's something so fresh and funny about them. SPOGG thanks Jim M. for these:

For the past 28 years, I have been an adjunct instructor at various universities in Connecticut, teaching everything from writing to religion, literature, and others. I am now at Sacred Heart University in Fairfield, where I teach freshman writing and research papers. I still have hair, though I don't know why. Here are some actual examples from my students on their essays:

"Things are defiantly [sic] getting worse in the economy." (So, why are they defiant?)
"I must of [common problem] missed the point." (I'll say!)
"A change in policy will occur any minuet [sic] now." (Haydn, or Mozart?)
"I always site [sic] at the end of every paragraph."
(In response to a written survey on career goals) "I want to be a writter [sic]."
(Same survey) "I plan to be an alimentary schoolteacher." (Med school might be better.)

No comments: