Friday, August 12, 2011

Oh, Red (Pen) State...



You know the expression "so wrong it's right?"

Yeah, well, that doesn't apply here. All of these errors still add up to a big, fat yikes, and as Sara J. of Mobile, Alabama puts it, "This does not help southern Alabama shed its backwoods image."

Cue the banjos, y'all. It's been that sort of week.

It's "know," not "no." It's "you're," not "your." And it should be "supposed to," not "suppose to." A little punctuation wouldn't hurt, either. All that said, the onion rings look really good.


6 comments:

Andygirl said...

That makes my head hurt.

GenKnit said...

"Oy with the poodles already!" as Lorelei Gilmore would say.

C. Allyn Pierson said...

That done be a real bad sign grammar dudes and dudettes.

Anonymous said...

I love your site, even though it hurts me sometimes. I write a grammar blog for the University of Cincinnati, and I've listed your site on my "recommended sites" list. I say that it's because it's helpful, but really, it's just cathartic to see someone take America's bad writing skills to the mat.

If you read it, and you decide you like it okay, I hereby extend my permission for you to throw my site on your link parade. The address is grammarsaurusrex.wordpress.com. And I promise I'm real, not a robot. Because I'm capable of love. And because I'm about to type in that word verification box.

Riane

Anonymous said...

Sorry, now I'm commenting to make sure that my username is no longer "English Chick." That wasn't my decision.

Snyder Guy said...

You forgot that it should be "It is" or "It's" working. And what is a "dt"?